At present, the national emergency is active. Enclosed you will find the updates to the situation in chronological order.
Status update on Thursday, 30 April 2020
- The backlog in our central warehouse has been cleared and we are back in the green zone. Products that we have in stock ourselves can now be delivered again with the usual fast delivery. You can recognize such items by the white tick on the green dot in the availability display.
Status update on Monday, 27 April 2020
Thanks to the new employees, we have managed to reduce the backlog in our logistics department to only half a day and are expecting to work through it in the course of the week.
Unfortunately, there are still delivery delays for the MediSeptic disinfectant sprays. The manufacturer is struggling to procure the raw materials.
Status update on Friday, 24 April 2020
More protective masks: certified surgical masks and respirators are now available again.
Status update on Thursday, 23 April 2020
As a result of the Federal Council's decision to ease teh measures, our stores are reopening on 11 May.
Status update on Wednesday, 15 April 2020
- We've managed to reduce the backlog in outgoing goods to just over a day and are now showing more optimistic delivery times on our shops.
- We're also making progress in incoming goods and will soon have more products available from our own warehouse.
Status update on Wednesday, 1 April 2020
- The furniture brands König & Neurath, PBJ Möbel and Zoffoli have informed us that they are currently unable to take on orders. Hint The delivery time is indicated next to each product in our shop. Due to the extraordinary situation, delays are possible.
Status update on Friday, 27 March 2020
- It currently takes about two days longer than usual for your order to arrive at your home. We've hired more than 200 new employees for our logistics team and are starting to catch up on the backlog. Thanks for your understanding.
Status update on Wednesday, 18 March 2020
- We're experiencing great demand for IT peripherals such as PC monitors, webcams, laptops, computer mice and keyboards. The manufacturers Logitech and Jabra have announced bottlenecks for individual products.
Status update on Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Due to the large increase in orders on our online shops, we’re currently several tens of thousands of orders behind schedule. It will take about two to three days longer for your orders to arrive at your home. Employees from the headquarters in Zurich and from our stores that we’ve had to close are currently helping out in our warehouse in Wohlen AG. On top of this, we’re currently recruiting new logistics employees. Thank you for your patience.
To handle the enormous volume of orders, we're looking for companies who have no work due to the state of emergency and are willing to let their employees work for us – temporarily and in return for payment.
Status update on Monday, 16 March 2020
- The Federal Council has declared a state of emergency. As a result, we must close our stores until further notice. Our online shops digitec and Galaxus remain open for you 24/7.
Status update on Friday, 13 March 2020
- The delivery date of the Huawei Mate Xs is postponed from 16 to 20 March.
Status update on Tuesday, 10 March 2020
The delivery dates of the disinfectant Grown Alchemist Hydra-Gel Hand Sanitiser in the sizes 50 ml and 500 ml have been delayed. Instead of 13 March, we expect the products to be delivered to our customers on 18 March. Why? Due to the coronavirus epidemic, the transport of dangerous goods is working to capacity. This also applies to the transport of alcoholic products. Unfortunately, there is no faster way to get the disinfectants from Australia to Switzerland. Thank you for your understanding.
PVH Corp. has announced delivery delays of up to three weeks for its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands. Summer and autumn collections are affected.
Status update on Monday, 2 March 2020
- The disinfectants we mentioned on Thursday are already sold out. We're working on finding an alternative.
- We’ve been informed of delivery delays of up to 5 weeks for air conditioners. The extent is unknown, but our most popular products are not affected yet.
Status update on Thursday, 27 February 2020
- The availability of Rasperry Pi 3 Model B + is limited and the next batch is expected in a few months.
- Supply bottlenecks and double the purchase prices for disinfectants. We were able to stock up on hand disinfectants by Colosé with 75ml and 150ml content.
Status update on Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Manufacturers of network products have warned of upcoming or already occurring bottlenecks:
- Devolo chipsets are running low in German warehouses. Supplies are interrupted and availability is only guaranteed until about the end of March.
- TP-Link is now delivering its goods by air freight, which results in increased prices.
- Ubiquiti has announced delays regarding new products. Thanks to backup quantities in European warehouses, however, existing products are still well stocked and prices are stable.
- Netgear has reported shortages of several items, but prices are still stable.
Status update on Monday, 24 February 2020
- Respiratory masks are largely sold out in our shops; production fails to meet demand. We currently have some disinfectants and medical thermometers in stock, but are expecting delivery problems in the near future.
- Apple iPhones are virtually unavailable: we're selling the devices we have in stock, but getting new supplies is virtually impossible at the moment. Distributors who have devices in stock have increased their prices by 5 to 10 percent compared to before the outbreak of the coronavirus disease.
- Bosch has reported delivery delays for its power tools.
- Xiaomi has announced delays without indicating an end to the bottleneck. Distributors have increased prices by 5 to 10 percent.
- Various manufacturers of PC components and storage media such as Intel, MSI, AMD and ASUS have reported delivery delays. Price increases have also been announced.
- Tablets: Apple, Samsung and Amazon have reported delivery delays, also without mentioning an end to the bottleneck.
- The drone manufacturer Dji can’t keep up production.
- Baby products and toys: delivery delays of 2 to 3 months have been announced for some Philips, Hauck, Osann and Secomp products. There is a lack of wood and individual components.